Kai, one of Japan’s largest and most historic cutlery companies (and the makers of Shun knives). The Kai Inspire series was made to inspire your cooking. The unique hammered finish is the first thing that will catch your eye. The high-carbon stainless steel blade has been expertly hardened for exceptional edge retention, strength, and rigidity. Mirror polish on the upper part of the blade and a graze finish on the lower part add beauty as well as enhancing stain and corrosion resistance. The edge is hand sharpened and finished to a razor-sharp 16° cutting edge each side. For a comfortable and secure grip, Inspire’s handles are contoured to fit both larger and smaller hands. A matching storage sheath is included with each piece of Inspire kitchen cutlery.
Kai Inspire 5-Piece Cutlery Set
- Traditional Japanese hammered finish helps release food more easily
- Mirror polishing with graze-finish edge increases stain and corrosion resistance
- German DIN1.4116 high-carbon stainless-steel blade is hand-sharpened on a whetstone and holds a super-sharp edge
- 16-degree cutting edge is razor-sharp and more precise than standard Western-style knives
- Lightweight, and durable molded resin handles contoured to fit both larger and smaller hands for a comfortable and secure grip
- Coordinating sheath protects the blade and makes storage safe and easy
INCLUDED IN THE 5-PIECE SET
8" Chef’s Knife
Slice, dice and mince. It’s the first knife any cook should own. Offers a razor-sharp edge and a large blade with plenty of cutting length so you can handle even larger foods with ease. The belly curve makes it simple to do rocking cuts for processing herbs and smaller foods quickly.
7" Santoku Knife
Santoku offers an Asian-style blade that works well for any job for which you’d normally choose a chef’s knife. Yet the santoku’s shorter length and blade design make it highly maneuverable. Many cooks find they prefer it to a chef’s knife for many kitchen tasks. It’s perfect for slicing, dicing, mincing, and more, if you prefer a smaller, agile knife.
8.5" Chef’s Knife
There’s really no substitute for a good bread knife. Made to be a light and easy-to-use tool in the kitchen. Whether your bread is thick and crusty or delicately tender, this knife is built to slice through easily with minimal tearing and crumbling. The bread knife’s wide serrations are a key part in providing gentle cuts on your bread without sacrificing slicing power. Even better, the serrations are angled, front and back, to ensure an effective slice on both the push and pull of your cut. Also works beautifully on bagels, pastries, and even pineapples.
6" Utility Knife
For kitchen tasks that are too big for a paring knife and too small for a chef’s knife, reach for the utility knife. A utility knife is handy for larger peeling jobs or when precision trimming is required, such as when you’re cutting broccoli florets for stir-fry or removing the tough stems from kale. Because the blade is smaller and lighter, it’s easy to work with it in tighter places where larger knives wouldn’t offer the right amount of precision and control.
3.5" Pairing Knife
A paring knife is essential for every kitchen. In fact, they’re so handy that many cooks like to own more than one. The perfect knife for peeling, coring, and other detail work. With a slightly wider blade than some other paring knives, the Kai Inspire Paring Knife is great for working on a cutting board, too. Mince garlic or small herbs quickly and easily as you enjoy this little knife’s sharp performance.
- Steel: High-carbon, high-chromium German DIN1.4116 stainless steel
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Handle Material: Molded Resin
- Handle length: 5"
- Handle thickness: 0.75"
- Bread Knife Blade length: 8.5" (21.5 cm)
- Chef’s Knife Blade length: 8" (20.3 cm)
- Santoku Knife Blade length: 7" (17.8 cm)
- Utility Knife Blade length: 6" (15.3 cm)
- Pairing Knife Blade length: 3.5" (8.9 cm)
INCLUDED IN THE BOX
- 1 x 9" Bread Knife w/ Protective Sheath
- 1 x 8” Chef’s Knife w/ Protective Sheath
- 1 x 7" Santoku Knife w/ Protective Sheath
- 1 x 6” Utility Knife w/ Protective Sheath
- 1 x 3.5” Paring Knife w/ Protective Sheath
Estimated Delivery Date
Monday, April 29th - Thursday, May 2nd